Ready to get moving? Check our list of useful tips for moving day to save time and money as well as alleviate unneeded stress. Click for printable PDF.
- Unless previously requested, packing materials (carpet protector, boxes, or tape) will not be available by the relocation crew on moving day
- If self-packing:
- separately stack heavy boxes from light/medium-weight boxes, this will insure less handling time and keep lightweight and fragile boxes off the bottom when loaded onto the truck
- Properly box all electronic equipment, especially TVs, computers, etc. It’s best if they are transported in your vehicle and we can load/unload them for you.
- Tape all boxes closed and mark with the room they will be going to. Be sure to mark boxes of sensitive items as “fragile.”
- Disconnect or unplug all electronics and appliances before movers arrive:
- Electrical Cords: Remove from component and put into personal bag/box OR tape to the component itself.
- Washer/Dryer: Disconnect all water and electrical connections
- Fridge/ Freezer: Disconnect all water and electrical connections
- Empty the contents of refrigerators, cabinets and desks. Remove small, fragile and valuable items from file cabinets and drawers.
- Do not stuff more items into drawers that will increase the weight of the piece
- Disassemble bed frames and put all hardware into plastic bags that can be stored in a nightstand drawer to insure against loss during transit
- If we are only moving certain items for you, please make sure paths are cleared for the movers’ safety and to save time
- Remove all light bulbs and shades out of lamps
- Keep all important paperwork handy (method of payment, coupons, lease/home paperwork) so they do not get packed up or misplaced during the move
- Items we cannot transport on our trucks and for which other arrangements must be made:
- Gasoline Cans
- Open Liquor bottles
- Aerosol Cans
- Hazardous or Corrosive Materials
- Yard equipment with fuel
- Live, potted plants
- Animals or pets
- Un-cleaned pet habitats (kennels, cages, etc)